Sunday, March 8, 2009

Demetri Martin Is Back!


The first time I saw Demetri Martin on Comedy Central, he instantly became one of my favorite comics. His shtick is easily one of the most unique out there, as he frequently makes use of props, drawings, and instruments in his show--something most other comics don't do. I was especially fond of his segments with the "Large Pad," where he would make quirky but ultimately hilarious observations and figures, like his a flow chart about types of clowns or my roommate's personal favorite, a graph of his ability to draw mountains over time.

After a few quiet years he's recently resurfaced on Comedy Central with specials every Wednesday, whichI've been watching for the past few weeks. The trademark drawings are back, and this time he's dabbled in skits as well, which I've decided are mostly hit and miss. His standup is better in my opinion, but the skits are a nice change-of-pace addition and I was happy to see several of them featuring The Daily Show's John Oliver, another favorite of mine.

Can't wait for the next one this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment